It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:41 am

from Pakistan, Muhammad Khurshid 
U.S. Army Veteran

Post from Pakistan, Muhammad Khurshid
from a friend in Pakistan, Muhammad Khurshid, "The situation is really very bad at the moment. My wife Fatima is just losing the sense. My children are in a state of great dispair. I do not know what should I do, but I will continue my journalistic work. I will also continue to work for the peace despite the fact no one is hearing my voice. At least you people have been giving me consideration. A lot of thanks, but I have great worries about my wife and my children."

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Now-Pa ... 0-496.html

For OpEdNews: Muhammad Khurshid - Writer
The latest suicide attack in Islamic University situated in the heart of Islamabad, the capital of Pakistan is a clear indication that the terrorists have chosen the last option. Now they have decided to kill themselves before inflicting maximum losses on the Pakistani forces.
According to reports, two female students have been killed and several others injured in twin suicide blasts in new campus of Islamic University Islamabad.

The first suicide explosion happened in a cafeteria near girls hostel whereas another occurred in Sharia block few minutes later. According to SSP Tahir Alam, both were suicide blasts. Talking to Geo News, a student of Islamic University said it was an intense explosion that damaged the building severely. Thirteen injured including 11 female students and two men have been shifted to PIMS hospital where four have bee reported in a critical condition.

According to Executive Director of PIMS Hospital, the injured students identified as Samra, Najma Idrees, Nadia, Ayesha Ambreen and Asma whereas the male student identified as Muhammad Idrees.

One suspect has been arrested near the campus. Police and law enforcement agencies have cordoned off the blast site.
Reports from Mohmand Agency said that fourteen militants were killed and several others sustained injuries when jet fighters pounded militant hideouts in Yakkaghund and Baizai subdivisions of Mohmand Agency on Monday.

Also, three children were killed in the Dawezai area of Baizai Tehsil when some bombs missed the target and hit the civilian area. Official sources said the fighter planes of the Pakistan Air Force targeted the militant hideouts in Karair, Koz Chinari, Shamshah, Spinki Tangi and Badmanai areas of the Yakkaghund subdivision and the Dawezai area of Baizai Tehsil.

They said the bombing left 14 militants dead and many others wounded. Several militant hideouts were also destroyed in the air strikes, the sources added. Reports said three children, including daughter of Akbar Khan and two grandsons of Asim Khan, were killed when their houses came under attack in the Dawezai area.It was learnt that the militants had suffered more casualties, but it could not be confirmed by independent sources due to disrupted communication system in the area.

Sources from Waziristan tribal region stated that more militants have been killed during ongoing operation ‘Rah-e-Nijat' in South Waziristan.

According to sources, troops advancing towards strongholds of militants Makeen and Ladha through Zarmak.

Ground troops, fighter jets and gunship helicopters are taking part in the action. Twenty more militants have been killed during clashes in Makeen, Ladha and adjoining areas. The official sources said death toll of militants killed during four days offensive has climbed to more then 90. Thirty hideouts have also been destroyed. Security forces facing stiff resistance from militants in some of the areas, they added.

Muhammad Khurshid, a resident of Bajaur Agency, tribal areas situated on Pak-Afghan border is journalist by profession. He contributes articles and news stories to various online and print newspapers. His subject matter is terrorism. He is also heading Voice For Peace working against terrorism in tribal areas. The aim of the Voice For Peace is restoration of peace in Bajaur Agency, tribal areas and whole world. He is looking for freelance and correspondent work from media organizations, to cover the part of the world where Al Qaeda and the Taliban are most active.

Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:08 pm
Profile WWW