It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:03 am

Point of Order against Chair, Apr. 27, 2011 
U.S. Army Veteran

Post Point of Order against Chair, Apr. 27, 2011
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 10:02:04 -0700
To: Leahbolger@comcast.net
Subject: [VFP--IP] the Chairs ONLY response against 9 Points of Order
Cc: vfp-israel-palestine@googlegroups.com

Here is the ONLY defense that our corrupt chairs have offered in response to 9 documented Points of Order against them, each infractions of which could have resulted in a reprimand or members exclusion from this group.
If you take out Eduardo's BS and boil it down to its most succinct form, the Chairs defense, documented below, is basically the "Might makes Right" defense. It is highly undemocratic, the polar opposite actually. It's the very same path that all dictators follow. In juvenile circles, it is also known as the "na na da na na" defense.
Get rid of these clowns. Boycott the phone Conference tonight. And Jon, I'll be supporting the gist of your motion to conduct all workgroup business in WRITING, but not until we have a legitimate leadership will I actually vote. That Jack and Eduardo could base their gameplan for this workgroups business on the notion that there is anything "normal" about it, is as you alluded to somewhere, delusional, at best.
The Israel/Palestine issue is THE MOST CONTENTIOUS issue of peace. Finding a workable and worthy path through it will require a moral integrity that fully respects the VFP's Statement of Purpose, not trashes it with abandon as Eduardo and Jack have done. Eduardo and Jack STOLE this group by purposefully misrepresenting their intentions and unilaterally overrode group expectations that were supported by documentation agreed on by legitimate democratic and open process, attached. (available here: http://www.veteransforjustice.com/publi ... fOrder.doc
)
Gordon

Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 10:44:51 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [VFP--IP] To Jon Monday regarding your Point of Order
To: vfp-israel-palestine@googlegroups.com

To: Jon Monday
Regarding your Point of Order:

According to the rules that were set up by Leah, and confirmed by Leah in several conversations, issuing warnings and or suspensions is totally at the discretion and by the determination and decision of the Chair.

It is not determined by other members.

As the elected Chair of this working group, whether or when I issue a warning to Bill or anyone else is something that is up to me to decide. Not you Jon.

Your point of order is dismissed.

Eduardo Cohen
Chairperson
VFP Israel-Palestine Working Group

--- On Wed, 4/27/11, Jon Monday <jmonday@sales-and-marketing.net> wrote:

Subject: [VFP--IP] Point of Order
Date: Wednesday, April 27, 2011, 10:08 AM

While I do not want to ball things up in procedural wrangling, Chairman Eduardo has repeatedly ignored my request that he issue a warning to Bill for his personal attack on Ed: “…BULLSHIT that ooozes out of McCarthy's fetid and racist mind”.

We have rules we all voted for, and even a confirmation of those rules when Chairman Eduardo on January 4th issued an official warning to Bill: “The comments you made: calling Barry and Jon “pro-Ethnic Cleansing de facto racists” and calling Jon and Ed “intransigent and racist silver tongued ideologues” were found to violate the policy of civil discourse and respect between members of the VFP working groups.”

There are not many official duties of the Chairman, but one of them is to enforce the rules we operate under. I have found Chairman Eduardo negligent in that duty. Therefore, I’m calling for a Point of Order, as described in our rules:

“Point of Order - used when a member believes that the rules of the assembly are being violated, thereby calling on the chair for a ruling and enforcement of the rules. A member can interrupt a speaker to raise a point of order.”

I again call on Chairman Eduardo to issue a warning to Bill for his comments. No other official business of the Working Group can be conducted until this is addressed.

I have no problem with salty language such as piss, shit, fuck. Although I think the use of such language in expressing our positions diminishes the dignity and seriousness of the issues we are here to address. But, I won’t tolerate personal attacks or the ignoring of personal attacks by the Chairman.

Jon

Compassion and nonviolence help us to see the enemy's point of view, to hear their questions, to know their assessment of ourselves. For from their point of view we may indeed see the basic weaknesses of our own condition, and if we are mature, we may learn and grow and profit from the wisdom of the brothers and sisters who are called the opposition.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

If anger be the basis of our political activities, the excitement tends to become an end in itself, at the expense of the object to be achieved... side issues then assume an exaggerated importance, and all gravity of thought and action is lost; such excitement is not an exercise of strength, but a display of weakness.
Rabindranath Tagore

I support the following:
The expansion of Israeli settlements should be stopped and pulled back
The murders of innocent civilians should be investigated and prosecuted
The use of excessive force by the Israeli government and military should be condemned and ended
There should be full rights for all citizens within Israel, regardless of religion, race, or other considerations
There should be the establishment of an independent country of Palestine with full rights of self-determination
There should be compensation for Palestinians who lost their lands within Israel

From: vfp-israel-palestine@googlegroups.com [ mailto:vfp-israel-palestine@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Jon Monday
Sent: Sunday, April 24, 2011 7:41 PM
Subject: FW: [VFP--IP] re: What's to happen in September?

Chairman Eduardo,

I’m still waiting on your response to this – per the rules you modified from the VFP rules on discourse.

Please respond.

Jon

From: vfp-israel-palestine@googlegroups.com [ mailto:vfp-israel-palestine@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Jon Monday
Sent: Saturday, April 23, 2011 7:51 AM
Cc: Leah Bolger
Subject: FW: [VFP--IP] re: What's to happen in September?

Chairman Eduardo,

Once again, here is an example of what not should be allowed:

“…BULLSHIT that ooozes out of McCarthy's fetid and racist mind”

Monitoring the communication is one of the few responsibilities of the Chair. Are you taking your responsibilities seriously? Is this kind of communication helping the cause or hurting it – as it is part of the permanent written record of this group?

Jon

Sent: Friday, April 22, 2011 11:51 PM
Subject: Re: [VFP--IP] re: What's to happen in September?

re: Jeff Halper

Peggy,

I believe the ONLY mis statement in Michelle's 1st paragraph, mentioned in YOUR 1st paragraph, is Jeff's length of time in the IDF.

Her analysis is pretty good. Halpern is a soft 2 stater

Michelle's "the inability of the US to pressure Israel" argument is sound

Michelle's points about "Jewish Zionists--in and out of Congress--Israel's real trump card. These are the folks who pull the political string regarding US foreign policy in the Middle East and make sure no anti-Zionist politicians ever makes it to Congress or stays very long if they do, by some miracle, make it. Ask James Abourezk, Cynthia McKinney, or Paul Findley about this" are on the money

Michelle's 3rd refutation, re: Halper's "Settlements" sham, is correct.

And, finally, her problem with McCarthy's State Department views are the problem with EVERYTHING McCarthy writes about:

"Mighty israel must be obeyed" and "Obama is Wonderful, and pliable with nice letters", and "the Palestinians should accept whatever scraps the zionists offer them", and all similar "useful" BULLSHIT that ooozes out of McCarthy's fetid and racist mind of status quo apartheid & ethnic cleansing that he wishes to prolong with MORE U.S. State Department-PA-zionist lies & hasbara.

He's got nearly 700 e-mails on this list, saying just that!

Just sayin

bp (Bill Perry)

Fri May 20, 2011 11:05 pm
Profile WWW