It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:22 am

Jack Dresser deliberatly misrepresents VFP Workgroup 
U.S. Army Veteran

Post Jack Dresser deliberatly misrepresents VFP Workgroup
Documentation below catches then Co-chair (Jack Dresser) falsly misrepresenting the workgroup in a letter to Congressman DeFazio. This letter wasn't even discussed in the workgroup until I posted my "WTF", which means Jack's statement "...we have drafted the following notice..." is a flat out lie. For the record, I got this incriminating evidence from a local Eugene list which broadcasts out to roughly 400 people in our area. Who knows how many other places Jack Dresser has misrepresented the VFP I/P Workgroup?
Gordon

To: <vfp-israel-palestine@googlegroups.com>
Cc: "Leah Bolger" <leahbolger@comcast.net>
Subject: RE: [VFP--IP] Fwd: [CTF] open letter to Peter DeFazio

SAY WHAT?

I have read and saved every single email to the group, and I’ve not heard about HR 1501 or this statement being discussed or approved. I have searched our entire email database for any reference to HR 1501, and found nothing. There is certainly nothing urgent about it, as the bill was introduced last month and referred to a committee. It has yet to be approved by the committee, or sent to the full House for a vote.

Perhaps Jack can explain this letter. Perhaps it’s a forgery.

I don’t know how Gordon got a copy of this – but it hardly matters. The point is that statements are being sent out as if they are a product of the working group, without the prior approval of the group or VFP national.

Here is Jack’s statement, from the letter:

“I am national vice chair of the Veterans for Peace working group on Israel/Palestine, and we have drafted the following notice for distribution to our chapters nationwide to urge actions in their own communities against HR 1501, an outrageous resolution.”

Who approved this? Why wasn’t it brought up before it being sent out?

As I understand it, all approved statements from the group are to go to National, for their consideration, and if approved, to be sent out.

Perhaps it was discussed by the Posse. How many other statements has Jack, or others, sent out claiming to be the product of this group?

This is very serious, and reflects very badly on the seriousness of some who claim to be working as a group.

Jon

From: vfp-israel-palestine@googlegroups.com [mailto:vfp-israel-palestine@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Gordon Sturrock
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2011 9:08 PM
To: vfp-israel-palestine@googlegroups.com
Subject: [VFP--IP] Fwd: [CTF] open letter to Peter DeFazio

"We"? Who is "we"? Where did this notice come from? Who approved it?
Gordon

To: <cut_the_funding@lists.riseup.net>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 22:27:41 -0700
Subject: [CTF] open letter to Peter DeFazio

Dear Mr. DeFazio:

As a veteran I am appalled by the long history of lawless, deceptively justified violence visited by our country both covertly and overtly upon other peoples, and visited by Israel upon the Palestinian people with our military aid and diplomatic protection. The US remains the only obstacle to justice for the robbed and brutalized, almost entirely helpless Palestinians of both the West Bank and Gaza.

I am national vice chair of the Veterans for Peace working group on Israel/Palestine, and we have drafted the following notice for distribution to our chapters nationwide to urge actions in their own communities against HR 1501, an outrageous resolution. I ask that you oppose HR 1501 vigorously.

Jack Dresser, Ph.D.
Eugene, Oregon
Behavioral Research Scientist
Political & Prevention Psychology
National Vice Chair, Israel/Palestine Working Group, Veterans for Peace
Co-director, The Al-Nakba Awareness Project

House Resolution 1501 would Provide Israel Impunity for Gaza Crimes http://www.endtheoccupation.org/article.php?id=2961

In a brazen display of the political power of the Israel Lobby over US Middle East foreign policy, legislation has passed the Senate and is now pending in the House to withhold US dues to the UN indefinitely contingent on UN retraction of their Goldstone Mission report. More information is available at the above link. This is a clear effort at extortion to cover up a crime, a felony in any jurisdiction in the developed world. This represents a disgraceful capitulation by our elected leaders to the efforts of a foreign government to evade international law. Congress will be in recess next week and our representatives will be home and accessible to personal visits, demonstrations and other forms of direct communication by constituents. We urge VFP members in districts represented by House members who voted to reject the Goldstone Report to remind them that:

1. Judge Goldstone suggested that further evidence might revise only one of 36 probable war crimes documented in the report.

2. All other members of the commission stand by the report in its entirety, without qualification of any kind.

3. The UN’s McGowan-Davis follow-up committee reports no credible self-investigation by Israel.

4. The US Foreign Assistance Act prohibits foreign aid to any country with a repeated pattern of human rights abuses.

5. Israel’s inhumane blockade of Gaza includes multiple human rights abuses over four years documented by the UN and other international organizations.

6. The US Arms Export Control Act prohibits use of US-supplied weapons except for legitimate self-defense.

7. Many US weapons were used in Operation Cast Lead.

8. The cease-fire was broken by Israel on our election day in 2008, killing six Palestinians, and the retaliatory Qassam rockets launched from Gaza without explosive warheads or directional controls injured no one in Israel.

9. Israel’s subsequent attack indiscriminately killed over 1,400 Palestinians in Gaza including over 300 children and deliberately targeted the civilian police force.

10. The Fourth Geneva Convention prohibits collective punishment, abuse of an occupied population, and use of disproportionate force.

11. General Petraeus has reported that unconditional US support of Israel infuriates the Muslim world and endangers our troops in the CENTCOM theater of operation.

12. This action would constitute extortion to cover up a crime.

A summary of the Goldstone Mission findings is attached in MS Word and PDF formats.

A list of US representatives rejecting the report can be found at http://blog.unwatch.org/?p=511.

Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:00 am
Profile WWW