It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:58 am

Chairs conducting group busines in secret from other members 
U.S. Army Veteran

Post Chairs conducting group busines in secret from other members
Another errant message sent to the whole workgroup showing that the posse continues to work in secret from other members, an abuse of power, a violation of group trust, and a violation of Veterans For Peace Statement of Purpose which calls on its members to be "democratic and open".
We never got to see part 2!
Gordon

Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 10:54:06 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [VFP--IP] POSSE POST April 18 Pt 1
To: vfp-israel-palestine@googlegroups.com

Posse Post

Dear Posse Members,

If you read the previous e-mail, you already know that I overlooked a possible conflict for Jewish group members when I rescheduled the April 11 meeting for tonight.

If I am not willing to reschedule should any of our Jewish members have a conflict, and we discuss or even vote on Jack’s motion for a rapid response team, I will almost certainly be accused of scheduling that vote on a date when Jewish members might not be able to participate ­ including those members from whom most resistance to a rapid response team would likely be generated. (Monday, Landendorf and Tinklenberg).

So we should be prepared to reschedule one more time if there is a conflict with the celebration of Passover.

If there is no conflict and we DON’T reschedule, then it will be EXTREMELY important that all of us participate which will be necessary to both have a quorum and pass Jack’s resolution which really is a very important one (as recent events in Gaza have made clear).

George said that he would have difficulty being at home for a 5 pm meeting so I offered to start the meeting at 6pm when he could more easily participate.

We should really begin discussing resolutions soon for the upcoming August 3-7 national convention in Portland, Oregon. It’s not that far away now. At the end of this month, there will be only 95 days till the convention begins and our Zionist counterparts have some big plans.

We should really have some very tight resolutions ready early which will take VFP forward from where Jack’s superb resolution brought the organization at the last convention. There will be concerted efforts to turn the clock back.

In addition to some severe computer problems that I had to overcome earlier this month, and which I mentioned in an e-mail a week ago, I have had some pressing personal issues to deal with that have kept me from spending as much time on the work of this group as I should have.

I will admit too that I was also experiencing a certain amount of fatigue and discouragement from dealing with some of the constant, unrelenting, unnecessary and often deliberate bullshit that wouldn’t be experienced working on any other issue.

I think I’m recovering from that now and will be a little more focused. I’d better be because we have lots of stuff to do.

I hope we will ALL be able too participate in our next meeting whether tonight or on another date. But hopefully tonight.

Eduardo

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:03 pm
Profile WWW